Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back at 2008

2008 has been an awesome year for me. I feel I've learned a lot and moved my life in the right direction. I'm coming out of 2008 as a happy person on the right track.

2008 was the year when I finally started working on my thesis. Okay, so I should have started in January and it wasn't until late August I finally got around to it. But I learned a lot from that experience. Now my thesis work is coming along great and I look forward to being done.

Economically, 2008 has not been the best year. I've worked as a TA but the whole owning my own apartment is a bit expensive. I could have taken another job but I chose to focus entirely on my thesis. This is something I hope to fix in 2009. It is stressing me a bit but hopefully I'll have a job around March or April and everything will work out great.

Personally, 2008 is the first year since 2001 where I've been single the majority of the year. I liked that. It was a good experience where I learned a lot about myself. Now I have an awesome boyfriend which is even better. Not because I have a boyfriend but because I have this particular boyfriend. And it feels great to know that I am with him because I choose to be* -- not because I feel I have to or out of habit or because I can't function on my own.

So all in all 2008 worked out pretty great. I have a plan and everything is going right so far. What more can one ask for?


*And also, he wants to be with me.

No comments: