Monday, January 14, 2008

Sleep and NFL. Mostly NFL.

So I've gotten my circadian rhythm all messed up. Today I got up at around 17. Sleeping to long? A bit, but I got to bed at 5:15 and probably slept 15 minutes later so it's not that bad. So what has happened? Well, since just before Christmas I haven't had any scheduled work during the day since it's exam time (ARGH!). So left to my own devices I've been heading for bed later and later and just sleeping as long as I felt like. My plan now is to fix this before the quarter starts again. I considered trying the 28 hour day but my schedule probably wont be that flexible. Might still be fun, though. More likely I'll be responsible (yeah right) and just choose some time early in the day like at 6, 7, or 8 (probably the latter) and get up at the time each and every day as suggested in How to Become an Early Riser. My brain is still debating the right solution.

One thing to take into consideration is my newest interest, NFL. Always trying to recruit fans for my favorite football* team AGF I told Thomas that he should totally go watch a match with me. He was game if I in return would learn the American football rules. Not one to refuse knowledge I agreed. After reading a bit I was totally ready for my first two matches yesterday. Was it love at first sight? I'm pretty sure it was. I loved the intensity of the sport, how quickly it could turn, and how it was exciting all the way through. Further all the frequent interruptions meant that I could ask questions about what was going on all the time. And do another favorite thing of mine, just talk (yeah, I'm rather wordy). By the second match I was already doing more shouting than everybody else.

In the second match I actually somewhat hoped for a tie by the end. Just so the match would last longer. And I was feeling kinda sad the next matches weren't until Sunday. Of course I instantly confirmed our date for those matches. And for Super Bowl. Yeah, I think I'm addicted. Today I could laugh my ass of at the banner I didn't see when we watched the Giants kick cowboy ass (yay!). Further I could have fun listening to a sad Terell Owens. I have yet to find a favorite team but so far I'll go with NY Giants. I might change my mind after next weekend when I'll have watched more than 4 teams play.

On a final note. Even if you don't find American football interesting -- which makes no sense whatsoever if you've watched a match -- you'll have to appreciate those insanely tight shorts they're wearing. Trying to figure out if there really was a touchdown in a situation where the players were all in one big pile they showed slow motion of the pile from all possible angles. This didn't really give any touchdown insight. However, you got to see a whole lot of ass. "Yum" is all I'm saying.


*Football refers to the kind where you kick the ball, not the kind where you run with the balls in your hands and occasionally kick it. American football is used to refer to the latter.

No comments: